All about Minimizing

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tag Zwei = Day Two

That's right my pets, it is day two in the Journey of Maximizing my Minimizing.

The highlights of today are: (Please skip the first three bullets if you are squeamish)

  • Farting - lots and lots and lots of farting
  • Burping - lots and lots and lots of burping
  • Pooping - one itty, bitty little guy
  • Grumbles - my stomach is so loud that my overly sensitive, whimpy little Scottie dog started barking at it around 6am this morning.  He left the bed and did not return all day.  
  • Walking - I have made 8 individual trips around my block today. 
  • Weaning myself off the pain meds.  I was taking 10 ml of Roxicet every four hours, today I have stretched that to 10 ml every 6 hours.  I plan on lowering it to 5 ml tomorrow.  My pain feels under control and once upon a time ago I had a very intense love affair with narcotics and don't want to be on them any longer than absolutely needed. 
  • Protein - I just finished a Profect and with that 25g I am at 70 for the day.
  • Fluids - I am sitting at 73 oz

It still doesn't feel real to me, I keep saying things to Peaches like 'My port hurts.  That's right, MY PORT.  Why do I have a port you ask?  Well it connects to my LAPBAND!'  Or I called my dad today and after spending 15 min talking about my liver enzymes, my WBC count and monitoring my drug intake I ended the conversation with 'By the way Dad, did I tell you I have a LapBand now?  Yeah...I totally do.'  Thankfully Peaches and my pops are used to my ridiculousness but even when I say it out loud it doesn't feel real.  Maybe that will come when I start on more solid food and feel restriction?  Or maybe when I am not stoned on Oxycodone anymore?

I can't say it enough, thanks to all of you and your words of encouragement and support!  It's amazing to know that not only can I tell to you about farting and showing my hoo-hoo to strangers, but you will still talk to me after I tell you these things!  Awesome!!

6 comments:

  1. It took me a dose of Milk of Mag and post op day for to poop! LMAO... yeah cuz you needed to know that... but still I was starting to go crazy!

    I have the most pain at the port site too... but if you actually saw how that sucker was in there... yeah it should hurt! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressed by all your walking and protein intake! I remember feeling like a pathetic mess that didn't want to get out of bed or eat (drink!) anything. Well done you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you made me laugh!!! Hang in there. You are really doing great. 8 trips around the block? AHH! That is purely awesome. It took me a long time to work up to that. You are kicking butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing really well so far. It took me like a week before I could poop. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are doing great! You will rock this band!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying your posts i'm pure curious about this whole thing and I love the no holds barred approach. Damn I've got to be politically correct all day, just give it to me like a grown up!

    ReplyDelete