All about Minimizing

Friday, April 20, 2012

Bandster Hell cont....

I made Peaches take a new route to work this morning, on the normal street we go down 'Fast Food Alley'.  There is a KFC, Wendy's, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Taco Johns, Pizza Hut, Chalet Market (a local sammie shop I LOVE) and Hardees.  I just look at them all and dream.  I am really dieting at this point, I am pretty sure I could fit anything I wanted to into my belly. 

I was talking to Peaches about this and he wanted to know why I am feeling this so much right now.  I had a mini-breakdown when I told him that he was a jerkface skinny jerky jerk and would never understand, I went to my flowerbeds and started digging.  While I was digging I did a lot of thinking and here is my theory....I am feeling sorry for myself.  If I could just have a grilled chicken breast with grilled zuchini, I really think I would not even want the junk.  I just want real food, not food I can eat with a straw!!  Woe is me!!  BUT I still have just over a week on pureed food and then two weeks on soft foods and my surgeon has scared the poop out of me on what could happen if I move too fast.  So I will stay the course, but I can't promise that Blanche won't venture out of her cage....maybe for the entire next month. 

I told Peaches all of this and he let me know he would be staying with his friend Hank for the next month, but would be home on Wed nights to take out the garbage.  Hahaha, he thinks he is soooo funny!!  So, my plan...I went through Narcotic Anonymous when I was 20.  I worked the 12 steps and have been sober for 12yrs  4mnths and 6 days.  I will use the rules for getting sober to get me through this.  One day at a time and if that is too long then one hour or one minute.  After telling Peaches all of this I then had to apologize for flipping my s*it and even though he was not mad, I felt the need to make up.  So I burned more calories!! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Blanche...you are always welcome here in blog land lol you are truckin right along and soon purees will be a memory! You can dooooo it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can stick to this advancing diet you can do anything!! I requested to advance to regular foods by week two. You rock! I know what you mean by Fast Food Alley we have it surrounding us, I can't turn right or left to get out of my house and avoid every fast food or chain restaurant... oh the smells!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it.... Just keep burning those calories with Peaches. It will take your mind off it :o)

    ReplyDelete