All about Minimizing

Thursday, April 19, 2012

The First Circle of Bandster Hell

The swelling in my tummy has gone down A LOT in the lastr hree days, this means I no longer feel full on the 1/2c of food I am supposed to be eating every four hours.  I WANT MORE!!  I want it! I want it! I want it!  And I don't want more of the super duper proteined up cauliflower puree I made, no I want a freaking hot dog, or a hamburger or a piece of cake.....or a mother effing cinnabon!!!

Yesterday I was a good friend, I drove two friends of mine to the airport.  They were talking about getting something to eat on their layover in Salt Lake.  I told them laughingly about how I used to make sure I flew Delta because there is a Cinnabon at the end of the Delta concourse, so no matter how short the time between flights I knew I could run down there and get one.  About two hours after dropping them off I get a picture of a HUGE cinnabon and a message saying ' I thought of you when I ate this'.  B*tch, what a b*tch.  I know she didn't do this to be mean and even a month ago I would have just laughed.  But now I dream not only about the doughy, gooey deliciousness of the Cinnabon, I dream about punching her in the face after I eat it.....ok not really.....well I did think about it, but I am not really the violent type.

So my fantasies about Cinnabon on top of my reduced swelling/restriction are making me angry and irritable.  I even looked up the calories of a Cinnabon...a mere 880!!  ONLY 880!!  Considering that is what I take in for an entire day right now, holy cracker jack! 

I go see my surgeon again on 05/02, I am hoping with all I have in me that I get a fill.  Even two weeks just seems soooooo long.


9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I'm worried about the most is Banster Hell. I'm worried that I won't be able to control myself. Did they put anything in your band during surgery? My dr won't and won't do a fill until 6 weeks.

    you have made it this far, just keep going. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it's called Bandster HELL for a reason. Hang in there. You'll make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah this is definitely the hard part when the swelling goes down and you're feeling more hungry. Just keep making good choices!

    http://www.andreasweightlossjourney.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. 880 calories...I was better off not knowing that! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. eeeee cinnabon. heaven on earth. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there!!!! (you have me scared)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really didn't do well with bandster hell. It was great that my surgy doesn't require a puree phase, only one week of full liquids, and then soft foods. I still felt deprived until I could have something to crunch. I am a super great chewer now too, since I was afraid to go a-crunchin, unless I crunched it up to puree. You will feel much better on softies, never thought a scrambled egg would be SO GOOD! I just got my first fill yesterday, and it seems FINE. I am down 20, and working on the exercise component the most right now, got pretty good restriction! Eat less than half of what i did before. YOU are doing a great job from the sound of it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete