All about Minimizing

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Holy Schmoly, it's been crazy!

I have been having a crazy five days, but I think it might actually be slowing down again (knock on wood).  Peaches and I had two of his nieces again this past weekend, they are in a pretty horrible situation at home right now and we try to add a little bit of stability/sanity to their lives by taking them regularly.  Usually two weekends a month and several times during the week.  So as always, having kids around forces me to run my butt off!!

Work has been crazy too, lots of projects going on and deadlines looming!!  If I could just be allowed to do my job and not be a scribe for someone else it would really make me happy.  Sometimes I just want to say "Guess what Vice-Pres SoandSo, I do know how to write a coherent sentence and I don't need to spend 45 min on the phone with you discussing the merits of using the word regain vs reclaim."   AAARRRGGGGG!!!   I did however spend 10 min complaining to my director after a particularly aggravating meeting and told her that next time I was talked to like I was a 2yr old I would say something about it.  And I don't care who is on the other end, CEO or not.  My director said she would talk to the VPs about it.  We'll see if it does any good or if I will soon be looking for a new job.

Tonight I will update my stats, I have all that info at home.   I just wanted to drop a line and say that I am not dead, I have not fallen off the face of the Earth and I will get caught up on blogs this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I want so bad to aske these people if they thank I am that big of an idiot why do I work here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!!! I missed you :o)
    It is very admirable to give your nieces some stability. Mine are in a similar situation and it breaks my heart that I am unable to get them more often.
    Good luck on the job front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My niece's homelife is pretty rotten too but we don't have her over as much as we'd like. Luckily the reason for that is because she's super involved at school so it takes up the bulk of her time and she's in honors classes. Ugh. Your work situation sounds a bit like mine. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete